Teaching and Learning
Beliefs about Teaching and Learning
- Everyone is capable of learning.
- Everyone learns in different ways and learning programs need to accommodate this.
- Teachers and parents are critical factors in a child’s learning success.
- Teachers, students and parents accept responsibility for their learning, behaviour and goal setting.
- Effective teaching is purposeful, challenging and connected to a student’s experience, stage of development and background.
- Programs need to be culturally and developmentally appropriate, having real-life application.
- Students need to have the opportunity to observe, practise and teach others.
- The mental and physical well-being of students and staff is a priority.
- Students need opportunities to engage in higher order thinking and reflection about learning.
- Learning happens best when student-teacher relationships are based on mutual trust and respect.
© Copyright Forrestdale Primary School